Dental Hygiene Therapy ← Back to Treatments
Taking care if your teeth will not only give you a winning smile but is also important for your overall health. A healthy mouth will help you eat well, feel confident and look great, and regular visits to the hygienist are an integral part of your oral healthcare regime.
Our hygienist, Louise, plays a crucial role in the prevention and treatment of gum disease.
After an initial assessment Louise will discuss relevant treatments with you including:
- Treatment of gum disease that causes bleeding and loose teeth
- Removal of tough stains using a modern power jet called 'Air Flow'
- Treatments to help combat bad breath
- Working with the dentist to provide tooth whitening
- Fissure sealants, a protective tooth coloured coating applied to the biting surfaces of back teeth to help prevent tooth decay.
Most importantly, Louise will work closely with you to advise you on how best to maintain your oral health at home between appointments, and will recommend a long term maintenance regime.
A great way to help you maintain the overall health of your mouth is by joining one of our Denplan Essentials care plans. Louise can discuss these with you and recommend the plan that is the right fit for you.
By attending the dental hygienist regularly and maintaining good oral hygiene at home, our hygienist can help you achieve better health.